Friday, April 9, 2010

Etsy Jewelry Artist Interview Cassowary Jewelry


Each week I will be featuring a "Get To Know" section on my blog of jewelry artist that sell their work on Etsy. This week's feature designer is Cassowary Jewelry. She was kind enough to answer a few questions and let us know a little about her and how she creates her beautiful jewelry designs.

1. What led you to become a jewelry designer? I found a bead kit in a store and started noodling around with it. After that I was hooked.

2. How did you find your niche in jewelry design? I don't really have a niche. I just always work with what interests me. I'm trying to always find new materials, although my techniques tend to be the same. I am still growing since I'm self taught.

3. As jewelry artist’s we are always looking for new ways to create unique jewelry. What is your next creative jewelry endeavor with your craft or what jewelry making skill are you interested in learning next (metal fabrication, etc)? I think I'll start using more mixed media in my jewelry. I do that a little with my reused materials, but I've always wanted to incorporate cloth into my designs.

4. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry to design? Earrings. There's a lot of variety in what you can do with them.

5. What’s the best piece of advice you can give other etsy jewelry sellers?
List a lot, make a lot, promote a lot.

6. Where else do you sell your jewelry besides etsy? My website http://www.cassowaryjewelry.com

7. What’s one thing that you’d like your customers to know about you that’s not in your profile. I'll read anything that isn't nailed down.

To see more of Cassowary Jewelry visit her shop on etsy at http://www.cassowaryjewelry.etsy.com/.

0 comments: